Hello club members.
I’ve had the bike for a short while only. She’s no garage queen; the odometer reads just shy of 82k, and the bike has some minor blemishes here and there - reflective of a bike that’s been both ridden and cared for. The previous owner, a former motorcycle and car mechanic, did a lot to improve the bike just before selling it to me:
- New Continental tires
- New battery
- New brakes head to toe (all three calipers and both master cylinders rebuilt; new Spiegler stainless steel brake lines and EBC brake pads installed; brand new rear rotor installed)
- New VDO fuel gauge and temperature gauge
- New fork seals and fresh fork fluid
- Fresh transmission and final drive fluid
- Fresh engine oil and filter
- New spark plugs
- New fuel filter (already had newer air filter)
- Fuel injectors professionally cleaned and throttle bodies balanced
- New oil site glass
- SAE cable installed to keep the bike on a battery tender
Except as noted below, everything on this bike works great, including the electrically adjustable windshield - with upgraded Cee Bailey windscreen. The bike has OEM heated grips. The seat looks brand new. The motor starts instantly. The horn and all electronics (turn signals, break lights, headlights, etc.) all work.
The bike no longer has its stock radio. The compartment is now used for storage and his its own separate key.
I’m aware of two problems with the bike:
- It is leaking final drive fluid, not a lot, but enough to be noticeable.
- The ABS lights have started to come on while riding.
The bike comes with one key, but I’ve purchased two extra blank BMW keys, which you can have cut by a locksmith. It comes with the original BMW toolkit, a new Clymer service manual, and a new rider manual.
Clean CA title. Registration valid through March 2023
NADA value for good condition: $2,745
Hagerty value for good condition: $3,500
In this context, given the overall condition of the bike, plus all the work that has been performed on it, and also considering the two issues mentioned above, I believe it is priced fairly at $2,500 (I paid $4,000).
I’m posting the bike here first to see if there’s interest in the club.